samedi 14 juillet 2012

Interview with Nensi Lelliana Ginitine





1st PART: Woman’s history comprehension/understanding
·         Can you present yourself in a few words and explain us what is your job/responsibilities?
My name is Nensi, I’m a drafter, I make drawings of the completed job of this work site. I’ve been working in Wasco for 2 month. It’s not my first job, before I have been working for 6 month in another company, in another island of Indonesia. I was a lab technician for asphalt. I didn’t left because I didn’t like my job but this was just a 6 month mission. 
·         How did you come to engineering and sciences?
I like engineering, my father was engineer and I wanted to follow him. I did a university of civil engineering. I’m the older of a 3 children family, I have one sister and one brother, they are still at school and both want to be lawyer, they think that it’s too difficult to be an engineer. So my father is happy that me, I did engineering.      
·         Did you have to face any difficulty as a woman in your studies/in your job? Or do you think being  a women facilitated it?
We were only a few girls in my university, there was 150 students and only 30 girls. Now most of the girls they work in bank, consulting. As I know, we are only approximately 10 girls working on site. It wasn’t difficult that there was only a few girls. But to find a job, it’s usually more difficult than for boys, me I was lucky, I found easily.
I’m the only girl in this work site, I was also the only girl in my previous job, I’m fine with that! My parents worry about me but I don’t!  
·         Why did you choose Wasco?
I saw the job offer on the internet and I didn’t knew this company, so I came here because I liked the job, I like roads, I don’t know why but I like! My father in not working in the roads, he is land surveyor (géomètre).
·         What are the specific qualities required by your job?
With passion, I can do anything! I have to be good in communication also.
·         What are your everyday motivations?
I leave at home at 6 in the morning. I need 2 and a half hours to get here because of the traffic. My first motivation is my passion for my job. If I had enough money, I would still work, I like it.  
·         Did you had experiences of mobility?
No, I don’t need to travel for my job, I just stay in this work site. I would love to travel for holidays but I don’t have enough money.
·         How do you conciliate professional and personal life?
I leave between 4 and 5 at night, I’m at home around 8 because of the traffic which is worst at night than in the morning. The traffic makes me tired and stressed. I usually go out with friends only on Saturday. I would like to have children, but not now, I’m not yet thinking about that. If I have children one day, there will probably be a nanny to take care about the baby because I want to continue my job.
·         Could you tell us professional realizations you are proud of?
I think that I’m proud of the different projects I did here, I learn a lot of things about drawing, about asphalt too. I recently did a drawing of completed work and it has been used in real situation, I’m proud of that! 
            ·          What is your next challenge?
I would like to go on the construction site and to manage people there. Now I’m only staying in the office. Maybe in one month I will be able to go a bit on the site.
           ·     What do you like in this company?
Here I can learn a lot. And the team is very funny!



2nd PART:  General debate on woman engineer: differences and new things a woman can bring in a male team

           ·         Do you think men and women work differently? Could you give us concrete examples (personal works, project works)?
 Women and men can do the same job in the same time. I don’t think that there is a difference.
           ·         Do you think that a mixed team is helpful for working atmosphere and/or is linked to team performance?
I think it’s better to have boys and girls. Sometimes the power of woman can be used in a team, for example we can do beautiful plans. But a team full of women is not working, they gossip! They are talking about one another, men they gossip too but they will be funny about people, they don’t talk about the mistakes, they talk about the funny things the other made. I would love to have another women with me in this team, we could talk together.



VIDEO

·         Presentation
My name is Nensi and I am a drafter.
·         Which advice would you give to any young women who hesitate to start engineering studies?
I want to say: don’t be worry or scared to be an engineer because it’s fun. Us, women, we can do what the men can do.
·         What has been your biggest difficulty as a women engineer?
Sometimes I found difficult to interact with many men but if we can communicate well with them, we are going to be friends and they will take care of us as women.
·         What is your next challenge?
Now I am a drafter who work in office but next I want to go outside of the office, on the work site!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire