lundi 23 avril 2012

Interview with Phuong Thao Nguyen


 



 

1st PART: Woman’s history comprehension/understanding
  •     Can you present yourself in a few words and explain us what is your job/responsibilities?
Hello, my name is Thao, I’m 25 years old. I work in Adeco company, I’m the assistant of Lien and I’m doing test in the laboratory of Haiphong depot. It’s my first job, I’ve been here for 2 month.
  •     How did you come to engineering and sciences?
I did a master in food technology. I wanted to work in a lab, it’s my hobby! My father works in the harbor of Haiphong, he is manager. I have one brother, he lives in Ho Chi Minh city, he is an engineer too. My mother doesn’t work, she is at home.
  •     Why did you choose Adeco?
I wanted to work in a lab near my house.
  •     Did you have to face any difficulty as a woman in your studies/in your job? Or do you think being  a women facilitated it?
We were more girls, it’s because girls are better in this field. My studies were not very difficult.
  •     What are the qualities required by your job?
I think that I need to be good in technic.
  •     What are your everyday motivations?
I like the atmosphere and the people I’m working with. I like to work in the lab and I like technic.
  •     Did you had any experience of mobility?
I moved to many countries in the world for holidays: China, France... I visited many cities in Vietnam. 
  •     How do you conciliate professional and personal life?
I will marry in august. I want to have a child approximatly in 2 years. I don’t think it’s a problem with my job.
  •     Could you tell us professional realizations you are proud of?
When I was in university, I hope I could find a good job and I found one! I like my job in the lab.



 

2nd PART:  General debate on woman engineer: differences and new things a woman can bring in a male team
  •     Do you think men and women work differently? Could you give us concrete examples (personal works, project works)?
I prefer to work with girls. With Lien, as we are girls, we work together, she helps me when I’m busy. The men help less. Because we are girls we understand each other. But It’s the same for me to communicate with boys and girls. I don’t think that boys work more than girls or girls work more than boys, it depends on the person.
  •     Do you think that a mixed team is helpful for working atmosphere and/or is linked to team performance?
I prefer to work in a team with less women and more men. Because in a team, the women speak a lot. I’m very happy to work with one women.



3rd PART:  Vidéo
  •     Short representation
Hello, my name is Thao, I’m 26 years old, I work in the lab in Adeco company.
  •     Which advice would you give to any young women who hesitate to start engineering studies?
I think you should have a hobby for engineering!
  •     What has been your biggest difficulty as a women engineer?
Women are as strong as men, sometimes we have to work all the night in the lab and have a lot of pression.
  •     What has been your best satisfaction as a women engineer?
I like my job and I’m happy to work in the lab.
  •     What is your next challenge?
Soon I will work alone and try more!



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire